Academics at Our Boarding School
Boise Girls Academy provides an online curriculum through Alpha Omega Academy. AOA provides distance learning teachers, a quality accredited computer-based curriculum, record keeping, and multiple courses.
Online Education Accredited through the Alpha Omega Academy
Most students who enter our academy need to concentrate on and confront their emotional behavior and thinking before academics will seem more appealing to them. Boise Girls Academy provides an online curriculum through Alpha Omega Academy. AOA provides distance learning teachers and a quality accredited computer-based curriculum, along with record keeping, and multiple courses.
Dual enrollment in Boise Girls Academy and Alpha Omega Academy offers numerous benefits and advantages:
- Accreditation – The security of knowing dual enrollment courses are held to high quality standards necessary for the academy to maintain accreditation, which is recognized worldwide by colleges and universities.
- Teachers – Uniquely qualified to teach subject-specific distance learning courses to our students.
- History – The benefit of a proven track record, AOA has enrolled thousands of students in the United States and overseas, providing quality education.
- Quality Curriculum – GBA/AOA uses Ignitia, the newest learning management system from Alpha Omega Publications. Built exclusively for Christian schools, this comprehensive curriculum includes lessons in five core subject areas: language arts, math, science, history and Bible, with a diverse list of electives also available. Ignitia courses are not only rigorous and interactive, but provide instruction based on a Christian worldview, encouraging students to consider challenging questions from a biblical perspective. Courses include text-based lessons, assignments, quizzes, and tests that engage students while they learn. Optional external web links, interactive learning games, audio and video clips, and off-computer assignments help students develop the skills necessary for academic success in a media-rich environment.
- Personalized Assignments – Students get a consolidated view of daily assignments, curriculum overviews, due dates, subject reviews, and grades with this organizational feature geared to keep them on track. Teacher assignment screens allow them to edit, add, remove, or reorder assignments, as well as change due dates of projects and tasks to pace coursework appropriately or according to individualized learning plans.
- Prescriptive Credit Recovery – Diagnostic testing in language arts and math allows teachers to identify content areas in which students need review, so students who previously failed a course can recover the credits they need to graduate without repeating the entire course.
- Media-rich Learning – More than 50,000 multimedia elements including audio and video files, challenging games, interactive exercises, a historical timeline, and integrated video clips reinforce concepts and offer in-depth explanation of key points.
- Strong, Reliable Security Safeguards – Role-based access controls, automatic expiration, and other security features enforce and support a credible learning experience. Student computers are programmed to restrict all internet access with the exception of Academy related websites. In order to limit distractions and provide an environment conducive to learning, students do not have access to email or social networking sites while attending BGA.
Graduation Ceremonies Celebrate Transformation
For students who graduate, our graduation ceremonies are a beautiful celebration of the transformation that has taken place in their lives. The evening begins with dinner that is designed for the graduating students, their families, and invited guests. The graduation service directly follows dinner. Students are presented to the audience in appropriate fanfare, dressed in graduation attire – a cap, tassel, and gown. In honor of graduation, our student choir and drama team perform special selections. There are presentations of completion certificates (including the high school diploma when completed), a special time of sharing for the student and family, and a benediction given by a special guest speaker.
Please contact us at (208) 375-4636 for further information.